COVID-19 has had a huge impact on businesses globally, with many businesses working from home or closing temporarily.
During this time of uncertainty, it is more important than ever to have a good reputation so that customers know your business will always be there for them. However, businesses may be wondering, how to keep their reputation intact?
Here are some quick tips:
- Use the time to refine business operations and make them better. If your business can work remotely, now is the time to implement measures moving toward this. It is also a great time to train employees to learn new skills while business is slow. Keep employees informed if vendors are open or not. Also consider: Which parts of your business can be moved online using digital or automated tools to accommodate social distancing?
- Communicate with your customers through email, social media or video chat. Your customers want to be informed of closures or changes in business hours. Be authentic in your communication, so customers continue to trust that your business is there to serve them. Video chat is also a great way to engage with customers, especially in the health care fields.
- Businesses that can successfully reinvent their products and communication will persevere through this time and come out stronger. Restaurants can share recipes to be made at home, and spas can share wellness tips promoting their brand. Many museums and top travel destinations are now offering virtual tours online of their premises while people are quarantining at home and need a distraction.
- Ask for direct feedback in exchange for a discount once a business re-opens or offer to donate to those in need during this challenging time. Your business reviews can be spotlighted on your website or social media to make current customers feel heard and attract new ones. Many more people are at home reading surfing the internet and spending extensive hours on social media. So it is vital to ramp up campaigns to gather more reviews. Encourage their feedback and reviews because they are good for the local economy and they provide valuable insights.
- Ask for more reviews from customers – even if they left you a review previously! Customers can leave reviews on more than one review site. Remind them too, that more reviews will help your business survive the crisis and it will also help their local economy.
ReviewInc makes asking for new reviews easy with automated email campaigns featuring a high open rate and multiple touch points. The software provides many unique customizations where businesses can use personalization to optimize the rate at which they can receive reviews. For more information, book a demo with one of our Account Managers here.
It is important to act yet stay positive in all communication with customers during this period. Businesses who follow these tips may even see their reputation improve as COVID-19 continues to affect the world. Therefore, it is important for businesses to control what they can. Most businesses have good reputations, but in a crisis, it could be forgotten. Focus on preparing for the recovery and emerging with an even better everlasting positive reputation.